Tuesday, January 18, 2011

What's Missing?

Yesterday, the family took a full inventory of what treasures were in the freezer. I set my mind this morning that I wanted broccoli cheese soup. So, before I pulled out the broccoli to allow it to thaw, I referenced my list so I could cross it off. Here is what I read on my list:
  • 2 creamed corn
  • 6 bags corn on the cob
  • 1/2 bag corn niblets
  • 3 bags baby lima beans
  • 2 bags fordhook lima beans
  • 2 bags purple hull peas
  • 1 bag field peas with snap beans
  • 2 bags butter beans
  • 1 1/2 bags peas and carrots
  • 3 bags asperagas
  • 1 bag peas
  • 2 bags speckled butter beans
  • 1 bag tater tots
  • 1/2 bag hash browns
  • green chili (lots)
  • 1 1/2 bags baby california blend
  • 1 bag cut green beans
  • 2 1/2 sams club bags whole green beans
  • 1 1/2 sams club bags normandy blend mixed vegetables
  • 2 boxes chopped spinach

NO BROCCOLI!!!!!! Seriously!

(Picture credit)

3 comments:

  1. Make the broccoli cheese soup with the California Blend. It'll be good. Unless your California Blend is different than mine. The California Blend I buy is broccoli, carrots and cauliflower, which would all taste just lovely in cheese soup.

    (My word verification is dumboobi, which will probably make me giggle all day.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got called in to work this afternoon so I swung by the store and picked up some fresh broccoli crowns.

    Brandi, I thought about that but chickened out. I'll have to give it a try next go around. All the kids loved it but one - she's super picky.

    Dumboobi - perfect!!

    ReplyDelete