Thursday, October 7, 2010

It's Officially Fall

The nights have turned cool. It's wonderful!
At least once a week I make us go with no tv. I know, I'm mean! We don't have a set night so the kids never know when it will happen. Today we spent more time outside enjoying each other. Taking turns on the swings, jumping on the trampoline and chasing the chickens and dogs around.
After we finished chicken chores, feeding, watering and rounding them up, the girls all got on the trampoline. I did too. I've been trying to get the girls to do flips in the air. So, I demonstrate. . . yes, I can still do them, I just don't land on my feet like I used to. Cowgirl is on chicken water this week and she left the hose on - I took this as an opportunity to spray all the girls on the tramp. They love it but with the cooler weather, screaming started almost instantly. Cowgirl got off and turned the water off. The kids all stripped on the back porch (I love living in the country) and each ran to their destinations - tub, tub, shower and shower. What would we do if we had another kid? Someone would have to wait to shower and warm up. I got the clothes started in the wash.
When baths and showers were done, I broke out the hot cocoa mix. That's a sign that it's fall. We all enjoyed a nice warm mug of hot cocoa - made with milk - water isn't an option is it?
I love fall!

2 comments:

  1. I think a TV free night is a GREAT idea. I just might have to steal that one. Sometimes technology takes too much of our time/ attention and a TV free night would really help catch up/ make sure you're having good family time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. The kids seem to tolerate it. I like that it "makes" us play together.

    ReplyDelete