Sunday, August 22, 2010

What we did this summer

Hello all this is Big Daddy. I thought I'd take this chance and up date you on a few of the projects we completed this summer. As many may remember we built the hope coop in the Spring well as the chickens got older we needed to build a nesting box so that they would have a place to lay eggs. So afters some reserch and planning we built this Nesting Condo for them they really seem to like it and the hens that are laying have adapeted to it really well.


One of the next projects was to build some outdoor seating. We finally settled on two separate designs. One for the Patio and one to place through out the yard. Below HOT MAMA (i mean little Mama) models the patio chair we built. I don't have photos of yard ones but we like them to.

Next on our list of things to do was a swing set for the girls. Again planning and research led us to this hefty design that should last many generations to come and if we ever don't need swings we can replace them with a "porch" swing.


And last but not least is our never ending project THE YARD it is looking a whole lot better and we have only had a few minor incedents, including my getting stung by two wasps and my hand swelling up like a balloon resulting in a trip to the ER. I was told that it was just a bad reaction and not an allergy (as of yet).








Well that covers our major projects over the summer, I am sure I may have missed one or two but those are the big ones so until I grace the blog again, good-bye




2 comments:

  1. Great job! You guys have been doing a lot around there. Can't wait to come and visit. Maybe next summer??? If I can find the time. Love you guys! Stay away from the wasps bro!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on all those projects. Wasps are EVIL. I had a bad reaction to a sting on my foot last summer [as in it swelled to double the size of normal and had to do a few days of benedryl to make it get better] and I'm not allergic at all. I don't even want to think of what would happen if I was. Ack!

    ReplyDelete