Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Tortoise & Tye Dye

I've got to do some catching up with the blog. School starts in two weeks and then, maybe then I will have the time to get back to my daily blogging.


Last Tuesday, while Miss Priss was eating her breakfast, she came running into the living room to inform me there was a turtle out on the lawn. I was surprised to see him/her as we've never seen one near our Patch of Heaven. Apparently he/she is a native tortoise and likes to eat prickly pear. We have plenty of that out here on the property so I'm sure he/she was just looking for a tasty treat. We held on to our tortoise for the day so Big Daddy could see him/her. We set up a nice little box with pine shavings, water, a carrot, some grapes and some lettuce. We named our tortoise, Valentine. We painted a nice heart on Valentines back so if he/she wants to come back to visit, we will know who it is. Drama Queen walked Valentine out to the edge of the property and set him/her free. We've not seen Valentine again but we do hope someday to have our special visitor return.
Last Tuesday we also Tye Dyed a bunch of shirts. I should have worn the gloves included in the kit. I was many shades of various colors and had to deal with that for several days. All of you who really know me, Little Mama, know I have issues with dirty hands. Here is the results of just a couple of the shirts we made.

No comments:

Post a Comment