Monday, May 9, 2011

Wk 1 and a Few Confessions


  • We survived the first week of Big Daddy's current deployment. Here are a few of the highlights. . .






  • So, as you can see from the picture above, I think I might be the one who leaves the toilet paper roll empty. Sorry, Big Daddy, I have blamed you plenty in the past.


  • Miss Priss announced proudly as we were leaving the airport: "If Daddy dies, we will be fine." She was very matter of fact about it and wasn't upset at all.


  • Things that have broken this week: the master bathroom sink stopper, Big Daddy's drivers window won't go down, and the second scrubbing bubbles automatic shower sprayer (I keep killing them - not sure how but if it makes a sound like an elephant trumpeting underwater, it will stop working in less than 48 hours)


  • We have had one adult chicken die. Not sure why. . . Three of the 6 baby chicks we transfered over to the big coop also died - I'm sure that was the pecking order.


  • The roof on the house is finished! Yay!! I about went bonkers with all the pounding. Now the only thing left is to paint the rest of the vents.


  • I officially joined the gym and have had good sore muscles and I'm liking it. I still prefer my old gym but distance makes it impossible to go.


  • I've opened Big Daddy's deodorant and smelled it twice. I miss his smell. Not the Ooh, honey I just got done working out give me a big ol' hug smell but his nice clean smell.


  • Made a great recipe for dinner this past week : Mango Chicken Rice it was super yummy and a keeper recipe for our family


  • Diva got her progress report and all looks good 6 A's and a B


  • Cowgirl has a for sure contagious laugh. She starts to giggle and in no time others have joined in.


  • I've enjoyed a few solid cadbury chocolate eggs with the pastel coating on them. Thank you Walgreens for marking down the individual packs in your after Easter sale to $0.18 each. I'm praying the 5 bags I bought last a while (remember they are tiny bags). I do love chocolate!


  • On Sunday, we played a game in senior primary where we sang some opera and silly monster voices. I LOVE singing opera style and the kids love it too. My silly monster voice was a ridiculously high squeaky voice and the kids were laughing so hard. I do enjoy my calling!


  • Drama Queen was wanting to test out the Lord by asking Him multiple times the same question hoping He would change his answer for her. She has since talked to me and says she doesn't think it would be a good idea to test the Lord like Joseph did when Martin Harris wanted to take the 116 pages of translated materials. Thank goodness the girl must have thought about it on her own.


  • I've slept with all the lights out! That's a biggie for me.

4 comments:

  1. Sleeping without a hubby with the lights out is a huge deal! I have never been able to do that. I normally don't even sleep in my bedroom. I couch it! Loved reading it and I was so struggling with both toilet paper holders in both bathrooms had the roll on top of it because it had run out. How dang long does it take to put on a roll of paper they actually got the roll and put it on top. It would have took another what 3 sec.
    ~~Crissy~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spray Sam's cologne on his pillow whenever I miss him. So glad I'm not the only scent driven girl out there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I AM SO GLAD I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT SMELLS HUSBAND'S DEODORANT !!!!!!!!!!!

    I am glad we got the girls together at your house this summer, my 14yo really enjoyed having other girls the same age to hang out with !

    Almost halfway bluecodered! <3 you to pieces too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have we told you lately how amazing all of you are? Love ya girl! Keep your chin up, you're doing great! Love to all! Stay safe out there bro!

    ReplyDelete