Sunday, May 15, 2011

A Day of Memories. . .

Alright so it started back in September of 1997. We met on a blind date. That blind date was amazing! I didn't think so at the time, I thought Big Daddy was the typical guy trying to impress me. He apparently did impress me because I called him next and asked him to go to devotional with me on Tuesday. He said he normally watched the devotional in the theater arts building and so that's where we went. We saw each other everyday from that point on.

On October 19th, Big Daddy proposed. Surprised me and I surprised him too letting him know I needing to think about it. I said yes the same day, later in the evening. I already knew I wanted to marry him. We were engaged and started planning our wedding date and all the other fun stuff that goes along with getting married. We rented our first apartment by putting a deposit in on it in February and holding it by paying "most" of the rent on it every month for the landlord to hold it for us since we loved it compared to everything else out there. I'm telling you our friends all hung out at our place because it was roomy and didn't have pigeons living in it with us. Oh, and, the bathroom was not IN the kitchen.

Big Daddy had a goal not to kiss until he could kiss his wife. So, not really fond of this idea, I tried with all my might to sway him away from his goal. I really did try! But, he when he has a goal he is trying to attain, he reaches it. So, that's right we didn't kiss until. . .

May 15, 1998 over the altar.


On our wedding day, we walked over to Wendy's, we weren't hungry - just thirsty from all the kissing we had to do to make up for lost time, and we both ordered BIGGIE Pink Lemonades. So, in honor of our wedding day, we always have gone to Wendy's and gotten pink lemonades to celebrate. A couple of years ago, Wendy's stopped carrying their pink lemonade. So, now we make our own. So today, I made pink lemonade. I didn't have enough to make TWO BIGGIE pink lemonades so I made one pink and one blue raspberry lemonade. That's our two glasses we typically use. D-for Dad and M-Mom. Big Daddy even called today and asked if we could make a date for some lemonade. I love that man!
So, here we are today. . . a portion of our journey together completed and lots of years ahead of us. This is our first anniversary apart. Lucky 13! Seeing how we have been in the military for almost 10 years, we do consider ourselves lucky.

I'm so happy with the choice I made those many years ago to marry Big Daddy. He brings a smile to my face, still makes my heart flutter and holding his hand is still one of my FAVORITE things to do!

Sweetheart, Happy Anniversary! I love you!

2 comments:

  1. So wonderful t look back, isn't it? Wish you guys were spending the day together, but glad to know you have forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a great woman and Roy is such a lucky man. Knowing the both of you though I have to say Roy is a pretty darn good man also. I loved reading this and it brought tears to my eyes to see strong women stand by their men even when it is hard. Not something you see a lot now a days! ~~Crissy~~

    ReplyDelete